Need help?

Phone a lawyer

Call 1300 366 611 - Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. Everyone can receive free legal advice from our telephone advice service.

Going to court

What to expect when going to court and how our lawyers can help you. Find out about our duty lawyer service at the Magistrates Court and the Family Court.

Legal representation

Legal Representation is normally provided for family law, family violence, criminal lawmental health and disability matters. If you need advice on a civil matter then call 1300 366 611 to find out more.

Apply for legal aid

To apply for legal aid, you must see a lawyer. You may see a private lawyer or one of our lawyers. Call 1300 366 611 to find out more.

Family dispute resolution

Family dispute resolution conferences aim to resolve family law disputes at an early stage.

Safe at home program

This program involves a range of services working together, to protect and support victims of family violence, including young people and children.

Family violence and cross-examination scheme

This Scheme provides a lawyer for people who are unrepresented and have been banned from cross-examination in the Family Law Courts.

Family advocacy and support service (FASS)

The family advocacy and support service (FASS) is a free service providing assistance to families with family law matters who have been affected by family violence.

mental-health icon

Mental health and disability matters

Our lawyers can advise and represent you at Mental Health Tribunal and Guardianship and Administration Board hearings.

seniors icon

Senior Assist

Senior Assist aims to provide a practical and effective response to elder abuse and prevention in Tasmania.

mental-health icon

NDIS appeals

Our lawyers can advise and represent you when appealing a decision of the National Disability Insurance Agency at the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

Help for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment

You can use the National Relay Service to call our free legal advice line.

Get help in your own language

We will arrange an interpreter for you free of charge. This is available when telephoning our legal advice line or when attending our clinic advice sessions.