A service providing safe and positive contact arrangements for children whose parents are separated.
The Children’s Contact Service makes it possible for contact arrangements to take place with minimum stress both for children and their parents. It can also help with establishing a relationship between child and parent when there has been a period of limited or no contact.
The services that are provided include:
- planning, negotiation and setting up of contact arrangements
- facilitated changeover to enable the child to be transferred smoothly from one parent to the other at contact times
- supervised contact visits to enable child and visiting parent to enjoy quality time together
- separate appointments for both parents
- privacy and confidentiality
- an established children’s centre with toys, games and equipment
- practical, sensible security including separate entrances and exits for each parents wherever possible.
Advantages of using the service include:
- contact can be made using an independent third party
- parents do not have to deal directly with each other
- it provides a relaxed, safe and neutral environment for children and parents
- both parents can feel they are doing the best for their child.
- Intake – free
- Supervised Visits and Changeovers – a fee is payable by both parties. Reduced rates are available for concession card holders.
Children’s contact services are located in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie.