The Sexual Assault Support Service (SASS) is a free and confidential support service for southern Tasmanian people of all ages who have been affected by any form of sexual violence. We also provide information and support to professionals, and offer a range of training workshops and education sessions throughout Tasmania.
SASS’ services include:
- Counselling and support (southern Tasmania)
- Crisis services (southern Tasmania)
- Redress Scheme Support Services (state-wide)
- Therapeutic treatment for children and young people displaying Problem Sexual Behaviour and Sexually Abusive Behaviour (state-wide)
- Training & educational workshops (state-wide)
- Policy feedback and consultation about sexual violence and related topics (state-wide)
SASS is open 9am – 5pm weekdays, and also operates a 24 hour crisis line (1800 697 877).