North West Community Legal Centre is established to provide advice to residents of the North West Coast of Tasmania. Residents in other areas of the State can be referred to Community Legal Centres in their local area. The NWCLC is based in Devonport and provides outreach services to Burnie, Smithton, West Coast and King Island.
They provide advice on a broad range of legal issues, including;
- General Family Law
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Problems with Government Departments
- Criminal Matters
- Neighbour Disputes
- Credit and Debt Issues to Consumers
- Residential Tenancy Matters
- Community legal education services to schools
- Community groups and Organisations
- and More…..
They are a free one off advice and referral centre. They do not conduct Court representation or ongoing case work, unless the case work is approved in exceptional circumstances.