Victims Support Services is part of the Department of Justice, the unit is dedicated to victims of crime.
They are responsible for:
- The administration of the Eligible Persons Register (previously known as the Victims Register) and the provision of information to victims from that Register
- Liaison between the victim and other divisions of the Department of Justice
- Operation and management of the Victims of Crime Service
- Provision of information to victims regarding court processes
- The provision of Court Support and Liaison Service for victims of family violence (as part of the ‘Safe at Home’ project)
- Co-ordination of Victim/Offender mediation in a limited number of appropriate cases
- Administration of Victims of Crime Assistance (financial assistance for victims of crime) and the provision of assistance to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Commissioners.