Annie Kenny provides supportive accommodation 24 hours a day 7 days a week to young people aged 13-20 years, who are experiencing homelessness or may be at risk of becoming homeless.
AK offers short term accommodation of up to six weeks to respond to the needs of young people.
Crisis support service for single men over 20 yrs. Offers a range of services including crisis accommodation, referrals for housing, information and referrals, social and recreation activities, financial support, meals, laundry and showers. 24hr service. Services Southern Tasmania only.
A 24 hour service that provides safe accommodation for women and children who are homeless or escaping domestic violence. Information, referrals and external accommodation is offered.
Crisis accommodation for women & children., 24 hour service – Child care, support & counselling, referral. Offering 24 hour crisis
accommodation and ongoing support for women and children who have been made homeless due to situations of domestic violence and other life crises.
Provides short term crisis accommodation for young women aged between 13 – 20 yrs who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Provides respite care for children aged 0-18 years, as well as providing short term care for up to 28 days and long term care for children under Protection Orders.
There is also a living-in program for 16-25 year olds.
Magnolia Place is a specialist homelessness service funded by the Crown through the Communities Tasmania. They offer short term crisis accommodation for women and their children experiencing homelessness. The majority of their clients are homeless due to family violence.
- A safe place for women and children
- Secure, affordable, self-contained accommodation
- A supportive environment with individual support from a highly qualified team
- Assistance and referral to obtain longer term housing
- Provision of essential transport
- Referral to appropriate agencies
- Library, computer and internet available on request
Provides 24 hour supported accommodation for up to six young women aged 13-20 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness. It can also provide emergency accommodation. Aims to support young women to build their resilience and a pathway out of homelessness.
One crisis bed available.
Operated by Colony 47.
Supported Emergency Accommodation for women and children who are victims of domestic violence or homeless. Offers emotional support, practical assistance with advocacy to Housing Tas, Legal Aid, Centrelink etc.
Can accommodate 4 domestic violence families, 4 homeless families and 4 families in the community. McCombe has 4 self contained two bedroom units in a secure complex for women and children escaping domestic violence, 4 crisis self contained two bedroom units for women and children who are homeless and 4 homes in the community.
Pathways Tasmania is a Tasmanian not-for-profit organisation and registered charity. We operate two supported accomodation facilities in the greater Hobart area:
1) Launch Youth is a Hobart-based government funded shelter for male youth (13-20yrs) who are homeless. As a medium to long term home for these young men, it is the only such shelter in Tasmania.
2) Velocity Transformations is a partially government funded residential rehabilitation program for adult men and women from the age of 18 years old. The program assists people who suffer from drug and alcohol dependency, depression, eating disorders and other life altering conditions. The program is the only long term residential rehab in Southern Tasmania, with accomodation for up to 24 adults.
Established in 1982, Wyndarra Centre is a community managed provider of community services in the Circular Head Municipality funded by the Commonwealth and State government grants and community donations.
Their purpose is to promote and provide services for the well being of the Circular Head Community. They place particular emphasis on persons and groups at risk of, or experiencing disadvantage or devaluation.
- Crisis Accommodation Support
- Transitional Accommodation Support
- Burnie Youth Alcohol and Drug Service
- North West Regional Co Morbidity Program
- Transitional Accommodation Support Service
An Anglicare Tasmania service which provides crisis accommodation for young men 13-20 years old in southern Tasmania who are homeless or ar risk of homeslessness.