Mental health legal service
How can Legal Aid help?
The Mental Health Lawyers from Legal Aid can advise and represent you if you have matters before the Mental Health Tribunal.
They can also:
- Meet with you and advise you about your rights and what might happen next.
- Attend hearings as your lawyer.
- If an order is made, help you to understand the decision and explain what it means for you.
- If you are unhappy about your order or treatment, advise you about your options.
- Represent you at review hearings.
- Help you to understand any letters or information that you have received from the hospital or from the Mental Health Tribunal about your treatment.
- Support you to deal with any issues or concerns you have.
- Help you with other legal matters.
How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment with a Mental Health Lawyer from Legal Aid contact us on 1300 366 611.
How much will it cost?
This service is free.