Legal representation

Do you need a lawyer to represent you?

We can provide lawyers for family law, family violence, criminal law and mental health matters (mental health tribunal or guardianship board.) If you need advice on a civil matter then contact our telephone advice service.

To get representation you need to make an application for legal aid.

How to make an application for legal aid

To apply for legal aid, either come in to one of our clinics or make an appointment with a private lawyer. The choice is yours. The same guidelines and tests will apply.

Find a lawyer

The Law Society of Tasmania has a database of law firms which you can search to find a lawyer in your local area.

If you need help finding a lawyer, please call our telephone advice service for a referral.

Getting a lawyer to represent you

Last updated: 24/01/2024