Mental health and disability matters
What help is available?
Legal Aid can provide lawyers to advise and represent you if you have mental health issues or a disability in cases before the:
- Mental Health Tribunal
- Guardianship and Administration Board
We can also:
- Meet with you and advise you about your rights and what might happen next.
- Attend hearings as your lawyer.
- If an order is made, we can help you to understand the decision and explain what it means for you.
- Advise you about your options, if you are unhappy about your treatment or order.
- Represent you at review hearings.
- Help you understand any letters or information that you have received in relation to mental health or disability matters.
- Help you with other legal matters.
How do I make an appointment?
To make an appointment with a Mental Health Lawyer from Legal Aid contact us on 1300 366 611.
How much will it cost?
This service is free.