The Senior Assist team can:
- Meet you at a safe place with a lawyer and/or case manager
- Help you understand your rights
- Support you to make decisions
- Give legal advice and support
- Help you to report matters to police or other agencies
- Provide emotional support
- Refer you to support services
Senior Assist is a team of lawyers and case managers providing free legal advice, assistance and support to seniors who are experiencing elder abuse.
We can help with information and planning to prevent elder abuse. We can visit you in your home or a safe place.
We can assist if you:
- live anywhere in Tasmania
- are aged 65+
- are aged 50+ (Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people)
- are experiencing, or at risk of elder abuse.