Tasmania Legal Aid team members have been preparing for Tasmania Mental Health Week (which starts today!)
Staff engaged in Mental Health @ Work and Mental Health Champions training delivered by Wendy French from Talking About and Mental Health First Aid accredited training.
Everyone who took part highly recommended the training and said Basic Mental Health Awareness is an essential lesson for all.
Team members described the training as educational, enlightening, informative, interesting, supportive and helpful.
Talkin’ ‘bout takin’ five!
One easy way to check in with yourself and others is the five daily checklist. Take five and try it!
- Connect with someone. Have a chat with a colleague and put a smile on both your faces.
- Take time to take notice. Take time to smell the flowers, take a moment to look up at the sky, look down at the ground, and look all round at the world around you. If you haven’t noticed something new, take a moment to do it all again!
- “Give yourself time to learn something and good, and cease to be whirled around” – Marcus Aurelius. Ancient wisdom and still as true as ever.
- When you flick on that light switch, you do it on auto-pilot. Now is time to be consciously active and increase your overall conscious experience by becoming more aware of your body’s to thoughts, feelings and external stimuli.
- Give something. Give your time. Lend your ears. Offer your thoughts. Provide something of yours for somebody else.
Remember to take five today and do your daily checklist!